There's something strange here in the silence; in the place I touch where you should be laying close to me. My hand flat, lifelessness under it instead of a beating heart and quiet breath. If I close my eyes, I can see you there... smiling. Your eyes full with a thousand lives behind us, and just one ahead...
When you are away from me, my soul... it reaches. It stretches to defy the boundaries of the timelessness that has wrapped us up and holds us in quiet grace.
There is a place will I meet you. Where whispers linger, and touches are gentle like an autumn breeze. There is a time when we will not have to be without, where time's boundaries vanish like smudged lines that outline our framed existence. There is a drink for my soul that will quench every thirst and nourish me with all of you....
It's there for the taking...
And someday we will.
Someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment