Normally, on days before this one, one would find me complaining, even perhaps cursing Mother Earth for the dredging snow. But the thing is, today, I watched my best friend walk down a hallway away from me, shoulders stronger than mine ever could be, determined in strength, to face more hours of sadness and willed hope.
It doesn't matter where she was, or what she was doing, or for whom...
What does matter, is today, when I drove home from where I left her, with the snow falling, every thought I had was that I got to enjoy the snow today. I get to go home. I get to shovel my sidewalks tomorrow. Tomorrow I will see my kids...and the day after that, and the day after that, and the one after that, too. Tonight I am grateful to complain of a fully belly of pizza and how I need to work it off later. Tonight, I am in love with the warm chair I choose to sit in, and that what I have to worry about is a healing heart, memories, and for what lies ahead of me.
My heart is aching for my dear friend, wishing I could do more to ease her pain.
And all I can do, is be thankful that I get to watch the snow fall. I get to move forward.
No more complaints...I get to watch the snow fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment