Monday, November 18, 2013

The Cause Cannot Happen After Its Effects

I have used this quote before:

"Throw a plate on the floor. Now tell it you're sorry. Did it go back to the way it was? Did you learn anything?"

It's a powerful quote.

But...

Have you ever tried to determine who will throw the plate while you are sweeping up the broken pieces?

Isn't that an interesting question?!!  This statement, "The cause cannot happen after its effects" has jumped off the pages of my Research Methods text book and seeped into the crevices of my mind, slowly, almost like a mineral water, healing the raw wounds of frustration in not being able to understand some things.

I want you to toss it around in your mind... contemplate it, chew on it... then let's have that conversation.



I didn't throw the plate, but I sure as hell swept up the pieces. 
And that is not my fault. 

Mind Blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment