I just read a quote. No, really. Three seconds before I started typing these words, I read this quote.
"Beautiful people do not just happen".
I have been wondering what my next writing project would be, or when it would show it's face, or rear it's head. Heck, lately it's been a struggle just to take some time to jot down some words. This quote got me today.
"Beautiful people do not just happen". It's in the struggle. It's in the fight. It's in the facing demons and learning courage. It's hearing someone call you "extraordinary", and being able to believe it. It's working, everyday, on being better than yesterday. And that is truly beautiful.
I know plenty of ugly people. Now I am not talking about an outward appearance. I am not talking about last year's shirt, or a hairstyle that doesn't suit. I am talking about inwardly dark, miserable, hateful people. Not only do I know enough of them, they have been planted in my life - perhaps to remind me to be beautiful... and graceful.
I've been struggling lately with some things; things that have made me grow, things that have reminded me of my past, and what I want for my future. I have taken the struggle and grown. I have fought, I still fight. I aspire to be a beautiful person. I intend to be better than the ugly people in my life, in society, occupying space with darkness. I intend to bring light.
And so, I promise to "not just happen". I promise to work harder tomorrow than I did today to become beautiful. I promise to make someone angry for standing up for what I believe in. I will speak less when silence is more beautiful. I will make myself proud in setting and reaching goals that mean something to me. I will act in kindness, and welcome grace. I will learn, and I will teach. I will cultivate gratitude. I will love.
This is how I will live with intention... this is how I will be beautiful.
Go ahead, be beautiful too.
No comments:
Post a Comment