Sunday, April 7, 2013

Unnerved

I wanted to share this...





Go ahead... watch it.  I'll wait.  Take it all in.  Watch a second time if you need to, or if you want to.  I did.  I watched it once, then again - two times in a row, then a third and a fourth.  It infected me.  It's been stuck in my head.  It's been tossing in my soul.  I don't know so much if it's the question of "what if money were no object?", or the ever present question of "what makes you happy?".  And to a further extent, "are you letting yourself be as happy as you could be?".

My soul has been screaming.  Screaming in pain, rather than joy.  My soul is stifled. It's stuck in tolerance, and getting by.  It's stuck with more questions than answers, and less effort than routines.  

It's an unnerving thing to be able to watch your own soul shaking you, screaming at you to listen.  It's more unnerving to turn a deaf ear to it, and knowing the excuse is fear.  Terrifying is a point of saying it out loud, knowing that beyond all those that aren't listening, someone is going to hear it.  

So here I am... unnerved.  

So now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment