Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I Just Don't Want To Miss Out

I've been thinking a lot lately; of the speed at which I live.  Everything is going so fast.  Days, weeks, then months and years are flashing by, going so fast I have to actually stop myself to remember things that have passed or occurred.

And still I fill my free time - always.  I rarely just sit, in fact, I barely know how to... just sit.  I am going a million miles a minute all the time.  Full time mom, full time job, full house, University, kids' programs, friends, events, and now I am supposed to think, or even toss around the notion of dating or inviting someone else into my space all over again?  (p.s soooo not happening any time soon)  I try to jam pack it all in, as much as I can.  I make the most of the time... all the time...

Lately I have been wondering why... why is my satiated level of satisfaction always in depletion?  And tonight, it hits me, as the words unfold wonderfully from someone else's mouth...

I just don't want to miss out...

I don't want to miss one, single thing right now.

And in attempting to gather all those things close to me, so that I don't miss out, so I don't miss a person, or a moment, or an experience... Perhaps I've missed out.

And that's what I didn't want to do.

I just don't want to miss out.

And so now what?  Is my forward movement three steps backwards?  Or no steps at all?  Or slower steps in haste of my wanting?  How do I stop the missing while, in fact, I might just be missing the most important things?


No comments:

Post a Comment