This (until now) unpublished post was written at the end of June, after a night of battling demons, and not only my own. And today, I am more than grateful for just planting my feet, knowing what feels like home more and more every single day.
June 29, 2014
I thought today about giving up. Just walking away... I thought today about people who aren't ready to be part of something where love grows, and how incredibly sad inside they are. It's not my place to fix anymore, I know that, so I thought, maybe for today, I should just walk away...
The thing is, my heart would break ... And so would his. And I don't really know right now that this over repaired heart could take it. I'm not so sure there would be any pieces to put back together.
And aren't I always good at that anyways? Walking away so it's easier for someone else? I wonder if it's ever going to be entirely my turn, where it's not hard, and I don't feel like part of me has to hide to let someone else shine.
Sometimes the biggest battles won are the ones you decide to just let go by silently, and watch the rewards in what doesn't fall down in it's path.
Still standing.
Onward now... go on.

No comments:
Post a Comment