Thursday, July 11, 2013

Road Blocks

Days like today are trying...  I am watching myself be good at something I hate doing.  And while I am doing this thing that I despise all day long, I am faced with roadblocks in my path of doing something I love.

Frustrating.

I almost wondered today, if the Universe challenged my dedication to doing this thing that I love.  I said it all in my head today; "what's the point, and at my age", and "what's the sense in trying to accomplish this now? Will I ever have time to even enjoy it by the time I reach that goal?", "Do I have time?".

My day was filled with doubt, negativity, reminders of who I once was, and where I once was stuck.  By the end of it, my own negativity filled too much space in my head.  It weighed me down, it sucked my energy.


And then I read this...



The time is going to pass anyway.  I might as well have something to look forward to.  I won't be filling many more of my days with doubt... I know I can do this.  

Psychology degree... you will be mine.  One day, someone will say, "because of you, I didn't give up", and I will say in return, "what a coincidence".  



No comments:

Post a Comment