Friday, September 6, 2013

Tea Time

I had "tea" with my parents tonight.  I call it "tea", but it was really just a visit.  A visit, a chat, a rant...time.

There is something very therapeutic in hearing my momma call someone "bastard!" in that tone, while I watch my daddy shake his head in disappointment - again.  It makes me feel justified in my thoughts,sound and still.

And when our "tea time" is done, I always feel so much more like myself.

I came home tonight, joyful for my time, and so overwhelmed with gratitude for the unconditional love I have been taught, knowing I use the skill well.  Oh how they love me... and it never matters what I am going through.  They just love me. They just do...all the while, just letting me be me...and that's enough for their unconditional love.  It's more rare than anything else in the world that I can think of right now...

I know I passed it on to two others, and I am so proud to say I did.  I know the roots and origins of that gift, and no one can ever take it from me.  Unconditional love.  That means a love that never changes - no matter what.  No Matter The Circumstance.

Blessed. 







No comments:

Post a Comment