Sunday, May 12, 2013

I Never Did Care For Pie

It's Mother's Day.  Sunday morning, early.  No one else has stirred yet; just me and my coffee.  It's been a morning of contemplation.  There are so many words to put down, and yet, none that seem right.  

I woke up from a dream of being stuck in an elevator that was about to fall.  There was myself and a another young, shy young Indian woman I had just met with me.  The door had just opened to the floor we needed to exit the elevator to, and a cable snapped, dropping the elevator on the left side, shifting and threatening to fall.  The young girl's eyes were huge with fear.  I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the opened door, and forced to go before me, following quickly behind her.  The elevator never did fall.  I turned to see it shifted in it's place.  The girl with me, in her blue dress, had disappeared, and I spent the rest of that dream looking for her in the building we were in.  And when I found her, the dream ended... 

I woke up a bit... edgy.  Wondering if this content functionality of my life nowadays is about to shift, and fall out of control... and all I do is make sure everyone else is okay before I get to where I need to be.  Honestly, I am humbled by knowing that this is my process, but see the terrifying reality of it - always with the last man standing's needs... and as I keep typing, it call becomes clearer and clearer.  

This dream left me thinking one thing for sure.  Of all of the things I have not done right, being the mom I am, and raising my children the way I do, is something I got just right.  I do that perfectly.  Happy Mother's Day to me... 

  

"A good mother is a person, who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, 
promptly announces she never did care for pie." 
~ Tenneva Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment