Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's Not My Job. I Did My Work.

So I am laying in bed, completely content with myself right now.  I don't really even know what I am going to write about.  I guess it will be a surprise for everyone.

I am laying here, purely and joyfully at peace with my evening - chuckling at situations I conjure up in my head.  I read an article tonight, brilliantly written by Graham R. White.  It's called Wait For A Man Who's Done His Work. (You can read more brilliant work here.)   Here's a couple of highlights for you:

"it's not a woman's responsibility to support a man as he discovers himself. Men don't require sympathy to grow, we actually require a push to step up"

"Today we have men struggling to define themselves and understand what Evolved women want well into their 40's. Rather than going out, doing their work and facing their fears, many men spend their energy in pursuits of escape or attempting to nurse off the emotional support of kind women. "


...and perhaps my favorite...

"It's not a woman's role to soothe a man, it's a man's role to step through his fears and learn to become decisive and courageous despite of them. This isn't cruel, it's part of what it takes for a man to define himself as an individual. "

And yes, seriously, written by a man - thank God for you, Graham R. White.

Here's what I wonder though.  If I found this "evolved man", would I find it attractive?  History says no - clearly.  But right now, today, all things considered, would I even know what to say to a man who wasn't pissing and whining about how much he has on his proverbial plate?  Would I be able to take seriously a man who had his shit together?  And what in the hell would I talk about with someone... no, wait.. a man... that knew how to communicate, with honesty, (dare I say) like an adult?  Able to give and take on an equal playing field...  

Let me tell ya what, after the week I have had, I'd love to give it a go. And, if by some small miracle, some man is reading this, thinking "geez, does she mean me?"  YES! I DO! 



This is immaculately timed reading.  I have been through the ringer this week (and yes, I will own that it was much of my own foolishness and wanting heart that lead to it all).  Lessons are abundant.  I am grateful for my true friends, and have a growing seed of anger for the pretenders.  It's all part of moving forward really.  I am done crying for and trying to hold onto people that need to hide things and lie to me.  I am done hurting at the hands of people who "love" me.  

I am also grateful for my own lesson of release.  I have spent a lot of time in tears this week.  I am not ashamed of the release so much as the foolishness that caused it.  I am glad to have let it go on my time, not harboring that pain inward to cause bitterness.  I am justified in cleansing my soul of the heartache.  I am letting go of it.  I am letting go of you while I keep myself in tact

Being an Evolved woman isn't always easy.  I know I am brilliant.  I know I make sense even when one doesn't want me to.  I know how to be happy.  I know how to be grateful for what I have.  And most of all, I know how to accept my life, and my choices in all it's facets.  Evolution is rewarding...even if it's lonely.

I did my Soul work... here's to finding someone one day that has done their work.  (And here's hoping I can take them seriously when the time comes).  

  


...Surprise :)  ...



No comments:

Post a Comment